About Me

My photo
A student of the human mind...a searcher...an advisor...a teacher... loves easily and easy to love. Come share with me...:)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Taking my own advice... :)

Very often is the case where one will give advice to someone,(be it effective and positive or ineffective and negative) and later end up in the same or a similar situation and NOT take their own advice! On paper it sounds unheard of however its much more common, as many of you may know, than its not.

Taking one's own advice is tough. For starters you have to strip yourself of ego...Let me repeat that...FOR STARTERS YOU HAVE TO STRIP YOURSELF OF EGO!!! I place such an emphasis on this due to the fact that the ego is a powerful tool, often misused to create delusions of grandeur and/or denying truths about who, what, and how you are. If you're closed to accepting that you have issues due to your massive ego, then you will be closed to seeking help (from yourself or otherwise) for those issues as well. Very often I give advice on situations and I'm like "where the hell did that come from?!" ...sounds real good haha

Once you identify your issues you take the advice of your heart...the advice you would give to someone else about how to accomplish that issue. My experience has allowed me to train people in weightlifting and dieting, on managing money, on relationships, on writing, and dealing with people as a whole. Very often I take what I would say to someone else on the topic and do it myself...and then other times I do not...I'm only human :)


"You see a lot, Doctor. But are you strong enough to point that high-powered perception at yourself? What about it? Why don't you - why don't you look at yourself and write down what you see? Or maybe you're afraid to. "


That quote is from the famous "Silence of the Lambs" movie...via Clarice Starling to Hannibal Lector. How many of you could actually do that? How many people aren't afraid?

I digress however....
With my goals of weight loss, working out regularly, eating better, saving money, achieving success in the work place and more...you have to name your goal, make it a focus, and go after it. With weight loss I know you have to fire up your metabolism, work out, and eat correctly. I eat every two hours maybe something small and QUALITY. (no junk) I write down everything I eat and drink. I drink only water (with lemon), coffee sometimes and thats all so far as I've started this. I try to get cardio in through dancing or running. WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN! You want to stay on top of things....THIS IS THE KEY! Your goals on paper will make you want to do them. Will REMIND YOU whats going on. WILL CHART YOUR PROGRESS!! And like I said...I'm taking my own advice...so listen to yourself...cast aside your ego...you'll be fine :) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!